Who are we – yesterday

«In the Sign of Unity» recalls its fifty years

«In the Sign of Unity» recalls its fifty years

The periodical's purpose: to take care of the ongoing formation of the sisters and to inform, with abundant and variety of information material, on the life and the growth of the Institute in Italy and outside... the periodical could be a bond between the periphery and the centre... an useful means to inculcate in us the awareness of being Institute, that is of feeling on the vital plane that we form a big family, that has a common charism, common ideals and problems, in spite of the different working situations and socio-cultural conditions of the milieu in which we fulfil our apostolic service...
read more
MEALS FOR THE POOR

MEALS FOR THE POOR

The Institute of the «Sisters of Charity of Saints B. Capitanio and V. Gerosa» - commonly known as «Suore di Maria Bambina» - was started on 21 November 1832 at Lovere, Bergamo, and was approved by the Holy See on 5 June 1840; it dedicated itself to charity, responding to the «great, extreme need» of a grave moment in the history of Italy.
read more
INSTITUTES FOR MINORS WITH PSYCHO-PHYSICAL AILMENTS

INSTITUTES FOR MINORS WITH PSYCHO-PHYSICAL AILMENTS

Besides young women in moral danger (cf. CF 1) and poor young girls without parents (cf. CF 4), the Institute «totally founded on charity» should devote itself to the relief of the poor sick as well, and especially to the care and the direction of Hospitals (CF 7): these are the sectors specifically included by Bartolomea among the particular types of active charity, that was so dear to her heart.
read more