“This Institute must be of assistance to young women, excluding none… as long as they are in spiritual or material need.
It seems to me that it would be very pleasing to Our Lord if the Institute could devote itself to education in view of a human and Christian upbringing of young girls”.
With Bartolomea’s passionate love we cater for the youth: children, boys and girls through our work of education.
We aim at an all-round formation of every young person so that they may develop their personality fully and become in their turn builders of their own future.
In diverse times and cultures we take daring, well-considered decisions in various areas of education:
• in institutions (ranging from nurseries to university colleges)
• non-formal education (help to backward children, open school…)
• professional training (technical and commercial schools, training in handwork, needle-work and domestic science, grihini schools
• boarding-schools and hostels for students
• homes and educational institutes for minors
• therapeutic communities
• rehabilitation centres
• schools for the training of professional nurses and health carers.
Our mission today
Wherever we are, we try to bring to fruition the “talent” given us for the benefit of our neighbour, through educational work, health care and formation to faith, while remaining alert to particular demands of our times and seeking ways most suited to the context in which we live.
We realize that inculturation is “a path we all must go by in order to be true neighbours” and do works of mercy with the same attitude of Jesus who “emptied himself, taking the form of a servant”.
In communion with him, who “came to serve”, and is always at work in human history, we take care of our neighbour putting to good use our typically-womanly resources and the virtues proper to our spirituality, training ourselves in dialogue and sharing and in collaboration with other ecclesial strengths.